Saturday, October 12, 2013

OCTOBER 25th

Today we found out that, unless we hear otherwise or barring an emergency, Hunter's birthday will be October 25th. That will be at 36 weeks and 4 days. The doctors really wanted 36 weeks, and we really wanted 37. I wanted 37 weeks for the health of Hunter and they wanted 36 for the health of Mama. So, we compromised. Every day after 36 weeks my chances of another hemorrhage increases.  I have been both excited and emotional about this decision. One minute I can't stop smiling and the next I can't stop the hot tears. It's very hard to think about myself in this situation. I know I need to, but ultimately as parents we tend to put our kid's needs long before ours. It's strange that 10 weeks ago I would have given everything to see 36 weeks and now that it's only a week away...I'm scared. I am so thankful that my body has cooperated with bed rest. Hunter measured 5lbs 4oz at our 34 week appointment. He looks perfectly healthy on the sonos.

I'm resting my head on this verse...
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous hand. Isaiah 41:10

Please pray for the hands that will perform my surgeries and please pray for Hunter.


No comments:

Post a Comment