Tuesday, August 7, 2012

NOT A BLUR AT ALL




This sweet baby girl turned 19 months old on July 27th. I cannot believe she is older than HBug was when we had her. Those early months were an amazing time. I find myself saying "they were all a blur", but they really weren't. I remember every second. I loved every second.

I remember...

  • nursing, the best nurser-20 minutes flat, while H ran around screaming and playing and asking me to read books or play blocks. 
  • reading those books and hoping I didn't fall asleep while I read them.
  • putting Hopey down for naps ANYWHERE.
  • dancing to Laurie Berkner while holding a newborn and holding an 18 month old's hand.
  • wearing my pajamas a lot.
  • all the amazing meals people brought us after Hopey was born.
  • living in a duplex. It was a VERY simple life at just the right time.
  • driving to look at our future home every night draped with blankets.
  • holding Hopey a whole bunch...parenting books look a lot better at the bottom of a lake.
  • letting my sweet Hopey girl sleep with me after 4am...it was best for all of us...she sleeps in her own bed now...no problem.
  • doing bunches of puzzles with Haelyn.
  • watching Dora.
  • eating popcorn.
  • eating oatmeal.
  • giving H crushed ice from the new fridge.
  • taking a shower before both girls woke up.
  • hearing Mark and H in the kitchen in the mornings while I got one last feed and a few more minutes of shut eye in.
  • texting other new mommas as a so called "experienced" mama.
  • the sound of the wind in our bedroom.
  • H getting both strands of flu...then Mark. 
  • being quarantined to the back room for 5 days so Hopey wouldn't get the flu.
  • SNOW!!
  • our parents and friends helping us in any way possible. Bless them.
  • having to leave the house so Hopey would take a bottle. She could smell me a mile away.
  • visitors.
  • napping on the couch.
  • Rudy's bulging disc and needing to be in a crate at all times unless going out to potty.
  • borrowing a crate big enough from the Lewis'. 
  • being so happy it only took me 30 minutes to clean the duplex.
  • drinking hot chocolate and eating frozen mango's for my night time snack.
  • being absolutely taken with my two girls and thanking God everyday for the miracle of children.
Hopey is the funniest little ball of life. She will cuddle with the best of 'em and idealizes her "sissy". She has learned to say "I love you". She told our friend Stephen she loved him today as he left our house. I think it surprised him a little, but without missing a beat he said it back to her. She screams just for fun and can dance dance dance. She has blonde hair and GORGEOUS blues. I love her to the moon and back. I tell her everyday, "you are the best surprise I have ever gotten". 

2 comments:

  1. SB told me she said that and that she did air squats with him today...:) Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She did HB! It was adorable!! I loved that he just said it back to her like she was one of his own!

    ReplyDelete