Wednesday, August 8, 2012

ROCKER OUT, KITCHEN IN

We have been talking about moving the rocker recliner out of h's room for a while. She's hit and miss on whether she likes to be rocked to sleep. Usually she just points to her bed and says "night night, bed". In other words, the rocker we spent hours and hours in over the last 3 years was just taking up space. :(

The girls have a cute little kitchen that has been in the big kitchen since we moved in. It's fun in there but they need more room to spread out and "cooooooook". They like to pretend "picnic" and "ants marching". So, I decided to take the recliner apart (helps to watch movers work sometimes) and put the little kitchen on some towels and move it all "Mama Style" while MR was at work. The girls are already having too much fun closing me out of the room and playing.

I moved the recliner to our room. I think it will take A LOT for me to get rid of that chair. It's a special place where my babies were soothed to sleep, held when sick, and read to for the first time. However, I can realize when it's best to move some things around for functional reasons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment