Monday, September 16, 2013

NO OTHER WAY TO BE

I have had so many people amazed that I am still positive after all these weeks. They are impressed I'm not bored to death or going crazy. The doctor who was here the night I was admitted and has watched my entire journey told my nurse today that I had an "uplifting spirit". He said, "I've never had a patient on bed rest this long be so positive". I'm touched by these words today as I look 31 weeks in the face. I knew when this journey began that I would need to be sound. Sound in mind, sound in body and sound in soul. All of those work together. I could not sacrifice one for the other. Thank you so very much Dr. Kingsley, but I'm just doing what I NEED to do. I need to do this for my husband and his son. I need to do this for my daughters and their brother. I need to do this for our parents and their first grandson. I need to do this for our siblings and their nephew. Ultimately, I need to do this for my baby boy.

Now, don't be fooled. I have had two very hard mental days since I've been here. Two out of 39 days is pretty good. I'm sure there will be others. Thank goodness I have quite the village to turn to when I'm feeling emotional. I can't thank my God, family and friends enough. God has really been working me over while I've rested in solitude with him for hours and days. I will be forever changed in many ways by this experience.

3 comments:

  1. What a testimony you are to I'm sure everyone that's come in contact with you! And what a story you will have to tell this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what blessings our trials often bring! when you can't go anywhere else, do anything more, God is still using you! thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing you are to your family and those around you. Praying the rest of your pregnancy goes quickly and smoothly! Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete